Officer Complaint / Recognition
Recognition / Compliments
It means a lot to us to hear that we are doing well. Chief Ewing is very proud of our officers and staff, and he welcomes every opportunity to share a compliment or commendation.
To share positive feedback; please fill this form out: Officer Recognition Form
How to make a Complaint
We understand that not every interaction with police officer is a pleasant experience, but we fully expect our officers to understand that everything they do has an effect on others. All officers are expected to understand their role in the community to both Protect and Serve, and we want to hear about anyone not living up to that expectation.
1. If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of an employee or about any aspect of the Orono Police Department please:
a. Fill this form out: Citizen Complaint Form
b. Come to the agency and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint;
c. Call the agency or the town manager’s office and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
d. Write your complaint and mail it to the Chief of Police.
e. Write your suggested resolutions
2. A supervisory employee will assist you in filling out a report of complaint against law enforcement personnel form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your compliant.
3. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.
4. If the investigation of your complaint is going to take a long time, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.
5. When your complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and will write you a letter explaining what has been found out about the matter.